So you’ve been thinking about going to counselling and have finally made the decision to reach out to a counsellor to set up a session. You’re probably wondering what the process is to book a session and what the first session may be like. I’m here to help ease your mind by filling you in on what to expect once you’ve decided to go to therapy at Strong Counselling.
First of all feel free to call or text 778-835-9700 any time to set up a consult. Even if it’s the middle of the night, you can leave a message or a text and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Generally the first phone call will give you the opportunity to ask me anything about the counselling process you may want to know. Please don’t worry, that initial call won’t involve me asking any deeply personal questions, It is instead an opportunity to ask about me as a therapist to see whether or not you think we may be a good fit.
During that call if you feel like it’s a good match then we would follow these next steps:
- We would chose a time for our initial appointment.
- You would then register at NousTalk
- Then shoot me a quick message to let me know you have completed registration
- At that time I’ll book you in and you’ll receive an email about the appointment
- In the body of that email there will be a link that says accept booking, once you click on that the session is booked.
- Once booked I will email you an intake form to fill out and return to me prior to the initial session
- At the time of the session all you need to do is click on the link in the email and you will be automatically entered into the video chat.
- At the end of the session your credit card that you registered will be charged and an email receipt will be sent to you.
- We would choose a time for your session
- You would come in and fill out intake paperwork
- We would review this paperwork and confidentially forms
- We would spend some time where I ask a good number of questions so I can get a holistic view of you at the beginning of our work together.
- We would review what your priorities are in counselling and go over what brought you in
- Then we would sum up, schedule the next session, and process payment