So you’ve been thinking about going to counselling and have finally made the decision to reach out to a counsellor to set up a session. You’re probably wondering what the process is to book a session and what the first session may be like. I’m here to help ease your mind by filling you in on what to expect once you’ve decided to go to therapy at Strong Counselling.
First of all feel free to call or text 778-835-9700 any time to set up a consult. Even if it’s the middle of the night, you can leave a message or a text and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Generally the first phone call will give you the opportunity to ask me anything about the counselling process you may want to know. Please don’t worry, that initial call won’t involve me asking any deeply personal questions, It is instead an opportunity to ask about me as a therapist to see whether or not you think we may be a good fit.
During that call if you feel like it’s a good match then we would follow these next steps:
- We would chose a time for our initial appointment.
- You would then register at NousTalk
- When registering please be sure to include a form of payment in the tab in the administration/account section of your profile, as well as emergency contact details.
- Then shoot me a quick message to let me know you have completed registration
- At that time I’ll book you in and you’ll receive an email about the appointment
- Once booked you will fill out sections 1, 2, & 9 of the intake form under the documents tab in your Noustalk profile at least a day prior to your intake session.
- At the time of the session all you need to do is login to Noustalk by going to strongcounselling.noustalk.com/login and click on the appointment link in the calender in your profile, that will bring you directly into the video session.
- At some point on the day of your session your your credit card will be charged and an email receipt will be sent to you.
All policies of Strong Counselling are the same for intern counsellors.